Get a Complete Picture With Digital Smile Design
There’s a wide variety of dental services available at our West Sayville office, but which one is right for you? Gone are the days when you have to wonder what the results of your treatment will appear. Thanks to Digital Smile Design, West Sayville cosmetic dentist Dr. Richard Sigismondi can give you an accurate picture of what your smile will look like post-treatment.
What Is Digital Smile Design?
Digital Smile Design (DSD) involves utilizing modern dental technology to produce images of your oral profile post-treatment. DSD is also a foundational part of a smile makeover, which involves using one or more cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve your smile. Thanks to advances in dental technology, the images produced for smile design are highly accurate and help take the guesswork out of which treatment option will give you the desired results.
Your cosmetic dentist will use the iTero® intraoral scanner to produce these images alongside CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) software so you can make a more informed decision about your treatment.
Benefits of Digital Smile Design
- Higher Patient Satisfaction – Greater control over your treatment, meaning you’re more likely to be satisfied with the results.
- No More Guesswork – DSD helps both you and your West Sayville cosmetic dentist make better decisions about your treatment plan.
- A Natural Look – DSD produces natural and suitable results for your unique profile.
- Preserves Your Oral Health – Only involves treatments that benefit your oral aesthetics and health.
- Detects Issues Earlier – The combination of advanced imaging and design helps your West Sayville cosmetic dentist detect issues that may arise earlier, potentially saving you time and money on more costly and invasive treatments.
- Longer Lasting Results – DSD involves treatments that produce longer-lasting results than more temporary measures.
- Streamlined Process – Produces a more streamlined, efficient treatment timeline that reduces the number of future appointments and saves you time.
Who Is a Candidate for Digital Smile Design?
You may be a candidate for DSD if:
- You want a healthier, more beautiful smile that lasts longer
- You can make time for your subsequent treatments
- You’re dealing with one or more dental issues
- You want an accurate picture of what your smile will look like post-treatment
The Digital Smile Design Process
Before your DSD begins, Dr. Sigismondi will have you attend an initial consultation. Your initial consultation will involve a thorough exam, a medical history review, and questions about your smile goals. The initial consultation will help your cosmetic dentist decide how to approach your DSD and your next smile makeover.
To begin your smile design, Dr. Sigismondi will use the iTero intraoral scanner to take many images of your face, jaw, teeth, etc. Your local cosmetic dentist will use these images as the basis for your DSD.
Digital Smile Design
Next, the intraoral scanner images will be downloaded and displayed on the screen. Dr. Sigismondi will use computer design software to make changes to your smile based on the treatment or treatments he recommends.
If you and your cosmetic dentist approve of the proposed changes, he’ll draft your treatment plan. He’ll consult with you to ensure that every part of your treatment corresponds with your busy schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our dentist has handled many cases of this nature, the laboratory provides this service at no charge to him which means no cost to You. The cost of the treatments involved in your digital smile design will depend on numerous factors including which treatments you undergo and your insurance coverage. Your dentist will give you a more accurate breakdown during your initial consultation. You should also contact your insurance provider to learn which costs they can cover.
Digital Smile Design takes the guesswork out of your treatment, which can streamline the process. However, the exact length of time for a smile makeover will vary from patient to patient based on how many treatments they undergo, their schedule, their level of oral health, etc. Your dentist will give you a more accurate timeframe during your initial consultation.
Digital smile design is simply designing your new smile and planning your treatments. It’s painless and helps you achieve the smile you want. Rest assured that your cosmetic dentist will use anesthetic as needed and can even offer sedation dentistry to keep you more relaxed and comfortable.
You can get in touch with us and learn more about the benefits of DSD by calling our dental office. Your dentist and the rest of our dental staff are happy to answer any questions you may have.