Fast, Effective Smile Enhancement
A beautiful smile can open many doors in your life. Normal factors like diet, medication use, accidents, and simple aging conspire to make smiles less white, bright, and whole. Taking care of all these problems can be costly and time-consuming. However, West Sayville cosmetic dentist, Dr. Richard Sigismondi, can provide a quick treatment with guaranteed results called porcelain veneers.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin tooth-shaped shells that are custom-made to adhere to the front surfaces of your teeth. Your local West Sayville cosmetic dentist will apply them using a minimally invasive technique that only requires removing a minuscule amount of enamel (less than the width of a fingernail). Once applied, your veneers will immediately improve the look of your smile by concealing cosmetic flaws.
Keep reading to learn more about this cosmetic dentistry technique.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Conceals Cosmetic Flaws — Veneers can cover imperfections in your smile such as cracks, chips, misalignment, etc.
- Replaces Lost Enamel — Porcelain veneers can combat issues such as weakening tooth structure, staining, and sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Immediate Improvement — Veneers improve the look of your smile as soon as they’re secured.
- One Solution for Multiple Issues — Veneers are a singular solution for completely transforming your smile.
- Minimally-Invasive Treatment — The dental veneer process is a minimally invasive, pain-free way for your local cosmetic dentist to improve your smile.
- Long-Lasting Solution — Porcelain dental veneers can last ten to 15 years or even longer with proper care.
- Teeth Whitening Alternative — Porcelain veneers offer an alternative for patients who don’t qualify for teeth whitening due to issues such as extreme sensitivity or hard-to-treat discoloration.
- Predictable Results — When properly applied by a skilled cosmetic dentist like Dr. Sigismondi, your veneers are highly likely to improve your smile the way you want.
Who Qualifies for Porcelain Veneers?
You may be a candidate for porcelain veneers if any of the following apply to you:
- You want a simple, fast, and effective means of improving your smile
- You have otherwise healthy gums and teeth
- You don’t experience chronic teeth grinding (bruxism)
- You don’t bite your nails or other non-food items
- You have time to have your porcelain dental veneers placed properly
To learn more about qualifying for dental veneers, contact our West Sayville dental office and schedule a consultation with Dr. Sigismondi.
The Porcelain Dental Veneers Process
Before receiving porcelain veneers, your local West Sayville cosmetic dentist will have you attend an initial consultation. Your initial consultation will consist of a thorough exam, a medical history review, and questions about your smile goals. While the process should be painless, Dr. Sigismondi can offer anesthetic and even sedation dentistry options if you experience anxiety. Your consultation will be an ideal time to ask any questions you have.
Designing Your Dental Veneers
Once you and your dentist have decided on porcelain veneers as your treatment, we’ll help you pick your shade of porcelain. You’ll decide on a shade that matches your natural teeth or a whiter shade for a brighter appearance. Then, we’ll take digital images and impressions of your teeth that will be sent to an offsite lab and used as blueprints for your custom-made veneers. We’ll show you your custom-made veneers beforehand to ensure you like them before going forward.
Preparing Your Teeth For Veneers
To prepare your teeth for veneers, Dr. Sigismondi will clean them. Then, he’ll remove a minimal amount of enamel from the front of them. This process provides a flat, clean surface for the veneers to adhere to and produces a natural look.
Applying Your Veneers
After we’ve shown you your veneers to make sure they’re to your liking and Dr. Sigismondi has checked their fit, he’ll secure them to the front of your teeth. Once that’s complete, you’ll be free to enjoy your new smile!
Frequently Asked Questions
The exact cost of your porcelain dental veneers will depend on numerous factors, including the condition of your teeth, how many dental veneers you need, and your insurance. Your cosmetic dentist and our dental staff encourage you to call your provider beforehand to confirm which costs they can cover. If you’re underinsured, uninsured, or need additional help covering the costs of your veneers, your cosmetic dentist may be able to help alleviate some of your burdens by offering financing options.
Because porcelain veneers are almost purely cosmetic, your insurance provider may not cover them. That’s why it’s crucial to contact your insurance provider beforehand and ask them which costs they can support. Rest assured that we’ll work with you no matter your insurance coverage and can offer help in the form of dental financing.
Porcelain veneers are built to last ten to 15 years but may last even longer, upwards of 20 to 30 years, with the proper care. To get the most out of your veneers, you’ll need to practice regular oral hygiene and avoid behaviors that can cause excessive stress. It includes biting on non-food items and grinding your teeth. You should also visit our dental office every six months for regular cleanings and dental exams.
Your smile is unique, so depending on your circumstances, your local cosmetic dentist will recommend what he believes is the most advisable treatment. Patients who want a more cosmetic solution will likely benefit more from porcelain veneers. Those with minor dental damage, like small cavities, might be better candidates for composite dental bonding. Your dentist will review your options and tell you what he thinks would work best.